Fri, Oct 13|
Bates Nut Farm - Valley Center
Bates Nut Farm (Friday)
Join us for an opportunity that will allow your children to learn, touch, feel, and create a lifetime memory on the farm. (Please read description below for important instructions on how to register for this awesome event!)
Time & Location
Oct 13, 2023, 10:00 AM
Bates Nut Farm - Valley Center, 15954 Woods Valley Rd, Valley Center, CA 92082, USA
About the event
Instructions on how to register for this event:
This event is for the entire Homeschool Collective community and is posted in HSC's homepage -- I have copy-pasted the event directly from there to our smaller Encinitas group. To register for this event, please 1) RSVP here in the Encinitas group and 2) Go to HSC's homepage, click on "Events," click on "Bates Nut Farm," then click "Buy Tickets." Ms. Kayla has arranged for this large field trip and qualified us for discounted tickets! If you have any questions, please message me, Elizabeth, here on the app or text me at 818-651-2309.
Located just minutes from Escondido, Bates Nut Farm has been growing pumpkins and sharing their farm for over 55 years. Tom and Sherrie are the fourth-generation Bates family, improving your pumpkin patch experience. “If I can create an opportunity for children to learn, touch, feel, and create a lifetime memory on our farm, I am happy,” says Sherrie!
Your ticket includes:
- Life of a Pumpkin Educational Presentation: 15-20 minutes.
- Hayride: Take a hayride after the presentation. 10-20 minutes.
- Straw Maze: Groups must be chaperoned. 15-25 minutes.
- Pumpkin Patch: Redeem your pumpkin ticket for either a Jack o’ Lantern or Trixster pumpkin, depending on the package you purchased. Suggested to do as last activity before leaving.
- Bates Nut Farm Zoo: Check out our collection of animals, including miniature donkeys, goats, sheep, Emu, Alpacas, tortoises, miniature pigs, chickens, and more! Feed bags are available for purchase inside Bates for the children to feed the animals for 75 cents per bag. There is no access inside pens with animals.
- Picnicking: Picnic tables are available on a first-come, first basis.
- Interactive Petting Corral: Kids are welcome inside the corral to meet farm animals, including pygmy goats, chickens, bunnies, ducks, and more.
- Pony Rides
- Shopping: Gifts and goodies are available at Bates and Farmer’s Daughter Gift Shop
October is a magical time on the farm as we watch families and schools stop in to visit Bates Nut Farm to learn about pumpkins and see how they grow, ride around the farm on the tractor-drawn hayride, find all the mailboxes in their straw maze, pick a pumpkin, visit all the animals in at the farm zoo, and have a picnic in the park. These are all of the things that make a great field trip for our Homeschool Collective Community!